Community Resource Engagement and Support Team (CREST)
The Community Outreach Team (CREST) focuses on raising public awareness of mental health conditions and dementia, promotes early recognition of at-risk individuals, provides emotional support to individuals and their caregivers and links individuals to relevant health and social care services when necessary.
CREST serves as a community safety network for people with or at risk of mental health conditions and dementia, including their caregivers. It conducts outreach events/activities to increase mental health awareness and targeted case finding to identify those with mental health needs.
For those who have or are at risk of mental health issues, the CREST team will link them and their caregivers with relevant support and resources including basic emotional support for clients and caregivers. For clients with mental health conditions who need longer-term support in the community, such as those discharged from the hospital, CREST conducts follow-up through home visits or follow-up calls.
As part of supporting the broader Dementia Friendly Singapore movement, CREST will advocate and collaborate with other partners to facilitate preventive activities and increase awareness of building a Dementia Friendly Community (DFC). CREST will cover those aged 18 years and above.
The key objectives of CREST are to:
• Increase public awareness of mental health and dementia by organising outreach events to provide mental health information and education to residents and caregivers in the region
• Promote early identification of signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and dementia
• Provide holistic and integrated care for clients and caregivers through basic emotional support, monitoring, service linkage and conducting meaningful activities.
• Network and collaborate with health and community care partners and key stakeholders to enhance support for those with mental health conditions and dementia
• Promote and support Dementia Friendly Initiatives (DFIs) to create an inclusive environment to increase awareness of dementia and better support persons with dementia and their caregivers.
Our CREST team serves those age 18 and above, residing in the following areas:
Admiralty , Marsiling and Woodgrove
Pasir Ris East, Pasir Ris West, Pasir Ris Central, Tampines Central, Tampines-Changkat, Tampines East, Tampines West, Tampines North
To find out more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 6899 3463.